Friday, March 11, 2011

Non-toxic waterproof varnish for paper jewelry?

Where can I go to find a waterproof non toxic varnish or eposy resin for my paper beads and jewelry? I'm new to making paper beads and I want to make a paper bead necklace for my mom on Valentine's day, but I'm not sure what kind of varnish or resin I should use and that's safe to use inside. I'm guessing I'll have to use gloves and a mask when I glaze the paper so I have that and a paint brush. I want the jewelry to be waterproof where she can take a shower with it or something like that but I also need a varnish that won't yellow overtime. I've heard of using yacht varnish but I also heard that yellows and I'll need a special kind of brush cleaner to remove the varnish. I have Modge Podge for the glue. I'm also going to get liquitex gel medium or golden gel medium for a glaze but I don't know where to find non-toxic, acid free glaze. I also heard of using UTEE melted embossing powder but I don't know if I'll have to use a special heating pot for that or not. Which is better for waterproofing paper jewelry: Epoxy Resin, Clear varnish, UTEE embossing powder, or a gel medium?

No comments:

Post a Comment